Wednesday 1 January 2014

Dev Blog - Update

I have been thinking about the future of my game engine and some fresh ideas for games...
I may or may not continue to develop Roaming Death in the future, but I will be making more games soon using some of the same code.

I was running out of steam with Roaming Death, as I couldn't really animate the sprites without making them all 3d models and taking screenshots (that is what I would need to do if I wanted to continue the project later). I tried working with 3d modelling but I am really useless at it and as with a lot of things the best software is far too expensive.

The main idea right now is an educational topic in the strategy-simulation genre. The player must confront a believer of some sort of nonsense, and convince them to re-examine their belief. This would be a text-based game with lots of dialogue, but much more realistic in scope than a fully animated ARPG. More details in future dev blogs as I start development.

I have other ideas but first things first.

No comments:

Post a Comment