Wednesday 18 December 2013

Dev blog - Alpha V0.8

In this first edition of the dev blog I'll be talking about some of the additions coming to the game in the near future. This week I introduce the tutorial quests along with the usual minor changes.

Firstly, I am making some modifications to the GUI concerning the level counter and the xp counter. The level counter will now be at the bottom of the screen with  the xp counter, contrasted with a box.

The other thing I did was write the tutorial quest system. The first quest will be cleansing the infestation of the first dungeon. Only then will the teleporter allow access to the next area.
The second quest is to destroy the 10 skeleton spawning graves. Once that is done you must face the boss.

I have yet to start work on the boss or his lair and the quest code that goes with it, however I can reveal that I am planning to make the boss use melee attacks and have the ability to chase you, which I hope will make fighting him interesting and challenging.

Patch Alpha V0.8, coming soon™ (probably tomorrow)


No comments:

Post a Comment