Saturday 14 June 2014

Dev Blog - Roaming Death V0.95

In this dev blog I will document my upcoming goals for the game and my progress on the current goals. I am slowing down on development and getting a bit distracted but I am improving some of the sprites and researching some interesting things.


Sprite Upgrades


The trees are first on the list. Basically I added texture to them and changed the colour, then touched up some of the detail. Also the shadow was on the wrong side before, so that's been fixed.

Next to be updated are the mage sprites. They weren't too bad but the hood looked different from some angles and I wanted to give the robes some extra trim. I have given the light mage some cream trim, the fire mage orange trim, the shadow mage purple trim, and the ice mage a light blue
trim.

New Environments

On my to-do list are the realms of the elements so I will need more environment textures and interactive objects.

New Classes

The first new class will be the Scientist. This class will have exclusive access to advanced human technology, including computers and robots.
The second class will be the Engineer. Using this class you can build structures and weapons from different materials.
The third class will be the Hunter. The Hunter can make traps, uses long range weapons and has a unique tracking skill.
The fourth class will be the Brute. The Brute is a big character that can take a lot of punishment. This class is very strong and can move heavy objects.

AI

My AI is quite bad right now, but there is hope. There is a way to set up a grid that the AI can use for dynamic pathfinding. I'm going to attempt to utilise this function.

No comments:

Post a Comment